Split-Pea & Bacon Soup
Perfect for those chilly days, this creamy and delicious pairing is comfort food with a twist.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 1 packet (250g) Woody’s diced bacon
- 2 cups peas (can be frozen)
- ½ an onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 500ml water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to season
METHOD (SERVES 4)
- Fry the bacon in a large pot over moderate heat until browned and crisp. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Lightly fry the onion in the left-over bacon grease, then add the peas, carrots and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until tender (3-5 minutes).
- Blend the soup in a food processor and stir in the bacon bits and parsley.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve hot.