Bacon Praline & Chocolate Ice Cream
While this might sound like a strange combination at first, you definitely won’t regret giving it a try. Don’t be surprised if it ends up becoming your favourite dessert.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 2L OF ICE CREAM)
- 2l Chocolate ice cream
- 1 packet (250g) of Woody’s streaky bacon
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- 15ml butter
- Place the bacon on a baking tray and grill until crispy.
- Place a large piece of tin foil on a heat proof surface and spray with baking spray. Spread the grilled bacon out on the foil.
- Place the sugar, water and butter in a medium saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar has melted. Once melted cook on a high heat until a golden caramel is formed.
- While hot, pour the caramel onto the bacon on the foil and allow to cool completely. Note: The caramel will be very hot, take care not to touch it.
- Once cooled break the praline into shards. Most of it can be crushed into little pieces, but keep some aside for garnishing if desired.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and beat until soft- this can be done with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Once the ice cream is soft enough, mix in the crushed praline.
- Place the ice cream back into the freezer to set. Store the excess praline in an airtight container until you are ready to serve.
- Serve scoops of ice cream topped with shards of praline.