Bacon & Zucchini Pasta
A hearty and delicious family meal doesn’t have to take hours to prepare. This quick and easy dish is bursting with flavour. .
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet (250g) Woody’s bacon, chopped
- 300g zucchini, thinly sliced in rounds
- 500g linguine or long pasta
- 250ml fresh cream
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ cup fresh mint or basil, chopped
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- In a large pot, bring the water and salt to the boil and add the pasta, stirring. Cook until the pasta is al dente (8-12 minutes). Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon on a medium heat until browned.
- Add the zucchini to the pan and cook on a medium-to-high heat until the zucchini are golden brown.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and the cream. Bring to the boil.
- Combine the sauce with the pasta and cook on a medium heat until the pasta is warm if necessary.
- Season with salt & pepper, add fresh herbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve hot.